I just want to say that i have been working on this mod for the past couple of days - and it's going fine i think!
I did complete the Tyrell portraits as i wrote earlier that i would do- but then i lost interest in that part of the mod after adding like two portraits for House Renly, as i thought it could be completed at the end instead. So the past two days i have mostly focused on other parts of the mod. And i have made some progress:
1. Corrected the LOD-problem in the BMDB - and made all units better quality when camera is zoomed out.
2. Fixed captains, generals and various units who did have the wrong models used - or that were not working properly.
3. Fixed text-errors - such as some of the BMDB-entries being wrong which caused crashes for some units. Or like adding the slave-entry in the edu to stop some units from CTD-ing when made into rebels.
4. Replaced all the vanilla rebels in the game - Beric Dondarrion now has a big army of GoT-units, specifically Northern, Riverrun, Southern and Yronwood/Dornish units all mixed up.
English_Rebels were used for all the factions except for the Arryns who used Vale_Rebels instead- all units being vanilla. I have replaced the English_Rebels-entry with Westerland/Southern rebels, the Vale_Rebels are now Arryn_Rebels that are using lower-end Arryn units - and the rest of the faction-specific regions have been divided into Dornish_Rebels, Baratheon_Rebels, Tyrell_Rebels, Northern_Rebels, Ironborn_Rebels, Riverland_Rebels -all which are using lower-end units of their specific regions.
Then i've added Capital-specific rebels using high-end troops, such as Kingslanding_Rebels, Winterfell_Rebels, Sunspear_Rebels, Highgarden_Rebels, Eyrie_Rebels, Dreadfort_Rebels, Casterlyrock_Rebels, Stormsend_Rebels, Riverrun_Rebels, Pyke_Rebels and the Dragonstone_Rebels -the last one is set for both of the two Stannis Strongholds. The capitals will now spawn elite defenders if the player is cheating by killing off the faction heirs/leaders. Killing off House Joffrey without defeating the army in Kings Landing will now result in the elite troops spawning there. Kingslanding is the most heavily defended capital city. Also, all the units scathered around the place will now turn rebel and won't just disappear when the faction is destroyed.
The simple towns and castles will also spawn rebels- but they are made up of more common units.
5. Winning conditions added for all the factions - all the factions need to hold on to their starting settlements, as well as conquer a specific number of regions - including capitals of their five to six foremost enemies in order to win. This means you will need to hold the capitals even if they are far away!
6. GoT menu video from season 2 added - as well as the other in-game videos from the GoT-submod-addon.
7. Made Roose Bolton the faction leader - Ramsay is now the heir, title Bastard Ramsay (instead of Prince Ramsay), Vargo Hoat added in as a Bolton family member/general and using picture of Locke (who cut off Jaimie's hand in the show, just like Vargo did in the books), Roose Bolton voice added to the new House Bolton faction leader, Roose picture added into the faction selection screen, added the Bolton troops from the Stark army to the Bolton army and improved the units included from the start, removed Roose Bolton as a family member/general for house Stark, added Robb Stark as the commander of the big Stark army, added Jon Umber as commander of Robbs previous army, made House Bolton allied with House Tully and House Stark from the beginning, moved the Bolton army further up the map past Harrenhall, moved the Stark army to outside of Riverrun.
8. Also, i've fixed the generals/captains for House Bolton to work properly (they aren't standing on their horses anymore) - and they are now changed to the captain/general units VlTimaratio created for the Boltons in september. The battle models are replaced for Bolton-leaders in the descr_strat as well.
9. Replaced all wrongly placed bodyguard units in the descr_strat - i did make a mistake of giving generals that weren't family members bodyguard units. They have been replaced by knights of their respective houses, or in the case of the Ironborn - Ironborn Cavalry!
10. Replaced units in a rebel spawn in the scripts-file in which Beric Dondarrion respawns each turn no matter how many times he's been defeated - and he did have vanilla units in all the spawns but the first one! He now do use new units, but his big army is only half the size in each respawn - only the first army is a full size-army.
11. Replaced all the vanilla mercs in the EDB - with southern units for all factions -and they are recruitable from guilds, as well as replaced Dornish and Ironborn vanilla units with new units in the EDB, as there were a few places in which they recruited vanilla units still.
12. Tested playing the game as the rebels autoresolving most battles but played a few - it worked great without crashes until turn 236-237 - restarted the game and the same crash happened - chose to retreat in the automatic battle instead of fighting it, and then autoresolve it - it worked and no CTD:s as of turn 301. Haven't played more, but some factions are really overpowered in autoresolve and will need balancing in the future.
A rule of thumb is that if the game CTD:s at the same place and time in a row - move a unit slightly different, make different decisions and maybe chose retreat instead of fighting the battle. It usually solves the problem.
13. Added Frey Spearmen as a settlement-specific unit for the Twins.
Things i need to do now:
1. Adding mercs into the descr_mercenaries - will see if this is necessary. I didn't see alot of mercs in the file itself.2. Make it possible for all the houses to recruit lower-end troops of conquered houses. - But this may or may not be added in the new release coming soon.
3. Fixing Bolton faction descriptions.
4. Adding new portraits for cavalry, units without portraits and finishing the portraits for starting family members and generals.
5. Fixing new unit_Info-pictures - might do a few of them, but the rest will be saved for after the release.
6. Eventually replace all the adoptee-family member portraits and in-game offspring portraits - if i have the time, but that might be saved for after the release.
7. Fixing the bugged Lannister- and Stark strat-models - i was going to do that before the release but i don't have the time to learn how to fix them. It's a bug in which the arm stretches out of place. They were not finished properly, and the difference between them and the working ones are that they were finished aug, the eight -and the working ones were finished aug, the 13th or something.
In any case, the Lannister/Stark-ones were completed earlier and they don't work - i'd guess Vltima did the newer ones correctly but hadn't done the same for the older ones. I have the tutorials and i will learn this myself soon enough, but i don't have the time to do this before a release as then i will miss out on the voting.
I will also create new strat-models for the Boltons once i've learnt how to do that. If VlTima has the time and will he is of course more than welcome to help me out by fixing the Lannister/Stark strat-models, as well as creating the Bolton-ones. The Tyrell and Arryn strat-models are missing their swords also.
If he does not return i'll try to do this myself before the next year. But i won't add the swords.
8. Of course i will need to playtest the game before a release and fix some possible errors and bugs - i do hope it isn't unplayable as i have had no such experiencies when testing the game after adding stuff. But it made me worry a little when i was done with the final two rebel-entries - the game crashed not too long after starting a hotseat. But i think overall it's meant to be played in single player.
I'll test the single player-game out when everything else mentioned above is done, at least the most important stuff mentioned above from numbers 1 to 5 - release coming soon, most likely friday or saturday. May come earlier as i want this released so i can possibly finish two other mods also.
A Warhammer BotET-sub-mod, and a The Last Kingdom-sub-mod, - but i'm out of time!
If you support this mod and the coming version don't forget to vote - otherwise it may miss out on the competition for best mod released this year:
Vote for Game of Thrones in the 2016 Mod of the Year Awards